Lemon Grilled Shrimp
48 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (approx. 1 lb)
3 T extra virgin olive oil
3 T fresh lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, finely minced with ½ tsp. coarse (kosher) salt
1 T finely minced fresh rosemary
Finely ground fresh pepper to taste
- Soak 10-12 10-inch wooden skewers in water to cover for 1 hour.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water, drain and pat dry, place in a bowl. (when using frozen shrimp you need to let them thaw a bit first and pat dry well to avoid diluting marinade)
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt, rosemary, and pepper in a bowl, whisk well, and then toss with the shrimp. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbeque grill to high or pre-heat the broiler. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and drain them, reserving the marinade.
- Thread skewers with 3 – 5 shrimp each.
- Grill or broil shrimp 4 inches from the heat source, brushing on each side with the extra marinate for 3 minutes per side.