Pesto Chicken Lasagna with Zoodles
2 5-6 oz. tubs of Fresh Pesto (refrigerator section of most markets)
3 oz. Alfredo sauce
1 lb. mozzarella cheese grated
1 roasted chicken (skin removed and shredded)
2 large zucchinis (sliced thin with a mandolin)
1 large carton of Ricotta cheese
1 carton of baby Portobello mushrooms
1 tsp dry thyme (rounded)
3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
3 T butter
Fresh Parmesan cheese (grated)
Pine nuts or slivered almonds
1. Slice the zucchini with a mandolin and lightly salt the “zoodles”. This will draw some of the moisture out of them and prevent the dish from getting soupy after cooking.
2. Shred or cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3. Sauté mushrooms in butter just until they start to shrink. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
5. Layer ingredients in an 11X17 baking dish. Start with thin layer of pesto then zoodles.
ricotta (1/8 – 1/4 inch thick),
bite size chicken pieces,
drizzle with pesto mixed with Alfredo),
6. Repeat layering again depending on how thick the baking pan is.
7. Make the last layer on top the pesto sauce with grated Parmesan cheese and then sprinkle with either pine nuts or slivered almonds.
8. Cook in 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
Yummy yummy and healthy too!
Modified from the no boil pasta noodle version given to me by my good friend, Holly Garcia 10/12/05