2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2-3/4 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
3/4 pound cherry tomatoes diced into 6ths (I used a combination of red and yellow ones and rinse off most of the seeds)
1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/4-1/2 inch dice
1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped into a 1/4-1/2 inch dice
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1/2-1 large jalapeño chili, minced
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) V-8 spicy tomato juice, chilled
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
2. Cut shrimp into fourths and add to mixture; cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
3. Combine tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and jalapeño in large bowl. Add tomato juice.
4. Stir in shrimp mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
5. Ladle soup into chilled stemmed glasses.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a leafy green salad and rustic crusty bread.
Note: adapted from Bon Appetite recipe from several years ago.