Thin sliced zucchini instead of lasagna noodles turns this into a delicious yet hearty low carb meal. You won’t even miss the pasta!
Cook Time: under 60 minutes / Serves: 4
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 – 24 oz jar tomato basil pasta sauce ( I like Bertolli)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (plus a few leaves for garnish (optional)
- 5 shakes of italien herbs (about 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 large or two medium zucchini (sliced 1/8″ thick using a mandolin)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1-2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Vietnamese food is full of mouth watering flavors and this recipe is sure not to disappoint. I found it while browsing on Pinterest. I adapted the recipe from an original post in October 2007 from Food and Wine Magazine.
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
Dinner is ready in 20-30 minutes (don’t forget to marinate chicken before)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon curry powder ( I use madras)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (thighs work too)
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 fresh lemongrass stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, minced finely
1 large shallot, thinly sliced
3 red chilies, seeded and minced
1 scallion thinly sliced for garnishing (optional)
cilantro sprigs for garnishing (optional)
- Marinate the chicken: In a bowl, combine the fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar. Add the chicken meat to coat. Marinade for at least two hours.
- Make the caramel: In a small skillet, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tablespoon of the water and cook over high heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Cook without stirring until a deep amber caramel forms about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cook the chicken: Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the coconut oil and heat until shimmering. Add the lemongrass, shallot, and chilies and stir-fry until fragrant about 1 minute. Add the chicken and caramel and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened about 8 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and top with the scallions and cilantro. Serve with steamed white rice.
This was my first time making lobster tails and it DEFINITELY wont be my last. It is easy peasy and oh so yummy. You can make these for a special occasion or to make an ordinary occasion special.
BAKED LOBSTER TAILS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
4 lobster tails
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
4 tbsp. Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and melted butter and season with salt.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut the the clear skin off the lobster and brush the lobster tails with the garlic butter seasoning.
3. Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake the lobster tails for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
My sister Tomi is a great cook and has the gift of hospitality. One Christmas she and her family were visiting us from the east coast and we decided to throw a cocktail party to introduce them to several of our neighbors and friends. At about 8pm the cocktail party turned into a dinner party and we looked at each other saying “What can we make for a party of 12?” Tomi quickly offered to whip up a hearty pasta dish sure to satisfy the hungry bunch. Sure enough, the super easy and delicious pasta was a hit.
I now make it for Sunday night dinner and always think of my sister when I make it. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! The recipe below is modified for 6-8 people.
Ingredients Continue reading
Herb Roasted Tilapia
Yield: 2 Servings
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 boneless tilapia fish fillets
1/2- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons EVOO
3-4 large sprigs fresh thyme
4-6 large green olives with pits
1 large egg