Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken is rich and satisfying with lots of sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. I love the parmesan cream sauce. It is one of my very favorite low carb meals and it is perfect for the keto diet.
Prep Time 10 minutes / Cook Time 15 minutes / Total Time 25 minutes / Servings 4 / Calories 495
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (approximately 1/2 of a 4 oz jar )
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 medium zucchini squash, zoodles (optional)
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.Season chicken with lemon pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for about 3 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add white wine or chicken broth and cook until reduced just a bit and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer for 1 minute.Add Parmesan and stir until melted.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.Stir in spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Many italian dishes are served over a bed of pasta. I like to avoid the carbs and use zoodles instead. Make the zoodle noodles with either a mandoline or zoodle maker. Place on a paper towel to remove some of the excess water. Add 2 T of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium heat. Add zoodles to pan, and add salt and pepper to taste and stir for about 2 minutes. Add more slat/pepper to taste and stir again for two minutes or so until just a bit limp. Place zoodles on a plate and then add the chicken and sauce and serve.
Thin sliced zucchini instead of lasagna noodles turns this into a delicious yet hearty low carb meal. You won’t even miss the pasta!
Cook Time: under 60 minutes / Serves: 4
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 – 24 oz jar tomato basil pasta sauce ( I like Bertolli)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (plus a few leaves for garnish (optional)
- 5 shakes of italien herbs (about 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 large or two medium zucchini (sliced 1/8″ thick using a mandolin)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1-2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
This was my first time making lobster tails and it DEFINITELY wont be my last. It is easy peasy and oh so yummy. You can make these for a special occasion or to make an ordinary occasion special.
BAKED LOBSTER TAILS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
4 lobster tails
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
4 tbsp. Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and melted butter and season with salt.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut the the clear skin off the lobster and brush the lobster tails with the garlic butter seasoning.
3. Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake the lobster tails for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
My sister Tomi is a great cook and has the gift of hospitality. One Christmas she and her family were visiting us from the east coast and we decided to throw a cocktail party to introduce them to several of our neighbors and friends. At about 8pm the cocktail party turned into a dinner party and we looked at each other saying “What can we make for a party of 12?” Tomi quickly offered to whip up a hearty pasta dish sure to satisfy the hungry bunch. Sure enough, the super easy and delicious pasta was a hit.
I now make it for Sunday night dinner and always think of my sister when I make it. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! The recipe below is modified for 6-8 people.
Ingredients Continue reading
Herb Roasted Tilapia
Yield: 2 Servings
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 boneless tilapia fish fillets
1/2- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons EVOO
3-4 large sprigs fresh thyme
4-6 large green olives with pits
1 large egg
My daughter says, “There is nothing like coming home to Mom’s Macaroni and Cheese on a chilly day. Comfort food like this warms up the soul as well as the belly. I like to add a little variety by using different cheeses. We used french gruyere this time. Enjoy!
Mom’s Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: 4 servings
½ cup butter (divided)
4 T. flour
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cups milk
1 ½ cups of your favorite hard cheese, sharp cheddar, gruyere, etc (shredded or cut into ½ inch cubes)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 ¼ tsp. prepared mustard
1 T. onion (chopped)
8 saltine crackers, crushed (optional)
2 cups elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
Directions Continue reading