Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken is rich and satisfying with lots of sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. I love the parmesan cream sauce. It is one of my very favorite low carb meals and it is perfect for the keto diet.
Prep Time 10 minutes / Cook Time 15 minutes / Total Time 25 minutes / Servings 4 / Calories 495
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (approximately 1/2 of a 4 oz jar )
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 medium zucchini squash, zoodles (optional)
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.Season chicken with lemon pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for about 3 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add white wine or chicken broth and cook until reduced just a bit and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer for 1 minute.Add Parmesan and stir until melted.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.Stir in spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Many italian dishes are served over a bed of pasta. I like to avoid the carbs and use zoodles instead. Make the zoodle noodles with either a mandoline or zoodle maker. Place on a paper towel to remove some of the excess water. Add 2 T of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium heat. Add zoodles to pan, and add salt and pepper to taste and stir for about 2 minutes. Add more slat/pepper to taste and stir again for two minutes or so until just a bit limp. Place zoodles on a plate and then add the chicken and sauce and serve.