Sautéed Beet Greens
This is such a delicious healthy recipe to make the most of your beet greens! These sautéed beet greens are a flavorful and tasty side dish that comes together quickly with just a handful of ingredients.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch greens from 3-4 beets washed well and chopped into small pieces, stems and leaves separated
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you prefer to make it vegan)
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in 10-in skillet over medium heat. Add beet stems and onion and sauté until stems and onion have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in beet green leaves and chicken broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until beet greens have softened. Stir in apple cider vinegar and salt to taste.