We make this classy appetizer every holiday. My Great Aunt Lillian Vogt gave me the recipe when I was a child. She has since passed away but I always think of her when I make this and it makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile too.
Aunt Lillian’s Crab Dip
1 can cream of celery soup
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (look for reduced fat cream cheese that is labeled Neufchatel. It is healthier)
1 cup celery, finely minced
2 small cans of crabmeat
2 small bunches of green onions (finely chopped)
1 envelope of gelatin
- Melt the cream cheese (Neufchatel) with soup over low heat. Stir and remove from heat.
- Disolve gelatin in 2 T. of warm water and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add celery, onions, and crab meat and mix well.
- Pour into a greased shaped copper mold if you are looking for an elegant presentation. I like instead to pour mixture into 4 ramekins that can go right from the refrigerator to a serving tray.
- Refrigerate for 10 hours.
- Serve with Carr’s water crackers.
Note: Prepared mold or ramekins be stored airtight in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and can also be frozen if desired.