Baked Lemon Dill Salmon
PREP TIME. 10 mins
COOK TIME. 15 mins
TOTAL TIME. 25 mins
SERVINGS. 4 servings
Skin-on salmon is helpful as the skin helps hold the fish together after baking but skinless salmon works fine too.
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets or steaks, preferably skin-on
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 thinly sliced lemon, for garnish
- Prep the salmon: Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and sprinkle a little salt over it. Let it sit at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the dill butter: Mix the fresh dill with the butter in a small bowl.
- Bake the salmon: Spread 1-2 T olive oil on the fish to coat it. Place the salmon skin side down in a roasting pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes undisturbed (depending on how thick your salmon pieces are). Remove the salmon with a spatula. The salmon should be just cooked through when done.
- Serve: To serve, place a few thin slices of lemon on each plate. Remove the salmon pieces from the oven and place on the lemon slices with a spatula. Top each piece of salmon with about a tablespoon of the dill butter and serve at once.
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING)
560 CALORIES 40g FAT 16g CARBS 40g PROTEIN