Makes 8 cups
I’ve added my own little twist to the old time favorite Chex Mix around the holidays. This party mix can even be enjoyed by your guests with dietary restrictions or gluten free preferences. It’s a modified recipe from the original Chex Mix. I nix the Wheat Chex, use gluten free pretzels, and also add my own little twist. Your guests will be coming back for more so you might want to make two batches!
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion power
2 teaspoon lemon juice
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup pretzels (gluten-free versions available from Snyder’s or Snack Factory)
1 cup fancy mixed nuts
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
1. Melt butter in a 13X9 in baking dish in a 250 degree oven.
2. Remove dish from oven and stir in the seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add cereals, pretzels and nuts and stir until coated.
4. Bake @ 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so.
5. Remove from the oven and cool (if you can keep your family from nibbling)
6. Store in an airtight jar or large ziplock bag.