4 generous cups blueberries (24 ounces) ½ cup sugar
¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon salt
dash of cinnamon (optional) ½ cup sugar
10 T (1¼ sticks) butter, melted 1 cup walnuts or pecans
* Grease and flour 9-inch pie pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* To make filling, place berries in prepared pan. Combine sugar, flour, salt and lemon and stir. Sprinkle over berries. Set aside.
* To make topping, in medium-size mixing bowl, stir flour, salt, sugar, melted butter and chopped nuts. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
* Bake 45-50 minutes, until top is golden and filing is bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
* We first tasted this bit of yumminess several years ago at a neighborhood BBQ. Dani loved it and our friend Trecia Davis sent us the recipe. We have made it many times since and always think of Trecia when we do.