Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower
Yield: 2-4 servings
Time :30 minutes
I head of cauliflower, cut into florets
¾ tsp Ras El Hanout* (spice mix from WILLIAM-SONOMA or make your own (recipe below)
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pinch of chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 1 head cauliflower into florets and place in a medium bowl
- Add Ras El Hanout, chili peper flakes and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread onto a foil lined jelly roll pan or baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Roast, tossing occasionally 20-30 minutes (cook 5 minutes longer if you like it more tender).
- Place in a serving dish and enjoy with your favorite chicken or fish dish.
Home-made Ras El Hanout*
You can make your own Ras El Hanout if you make Moroccan food often. If not, simply buy pre-mixed spices. I like the one from William–Sonoma.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne