Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
I love roasted vegetables! It seams to bring out the sweetness and also carmelizes the outside. These roasted tomatoes are super easy and delicious too. You can easily double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15-20 minutes
Total Time 20-25 minutes
1 pint cherry tomatoes (Try the heirloom tomatoes if you like a variety of colors)
1-2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper
4-5 large basil leaves cut into chiffonade (with scissors)
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread the tomatoes on a cooking sheet with an edge (or jelly roll pan) lined with foil
3. Sprinkle with the olive oil and toss the tomatoes gently. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the fresh basil and a little more salt to taste.