- 1/4 to 1/3c. olive oil
- 1.5 lb. baby eggplant (Japanese or Baby variety), sliced in half lenghthwise and diced into 2-3 inch pieces if Japanese and larger variety of eggplant
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. lemon joice
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. grated Pecorino (or your favorite hard cheese. I like Spanish Manchego)
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Make your vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add eggplant and turn often for about 15 minutes. Add more oil if eggplant starts to burn- you want it to caramelize.
- Transfer eggplant to a large bowl and toss with (more oil!) about half of the vinaigrette.
- Save the rest of the vinaigrette for your salad.
- Sprinkle with more Pecorino if desired and serve.