Pesto Chicken Lasagna with Zoodles
2 5-6 oz. tubs of Fresh Pesto (refrigerator section of most markets)
3 oz. Alfredo sauce
1 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 roasted chicken with herbs seasoning (skin removed and shredded)
2 large zucchinis (sliced thin with a mandolin)*
1 large carton of Ricotta cheese
1 carton of baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
3 T butter
Fresh Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/4 cup Pine nuts or slivered almonds
1. Thinly slice the zucchini with a mandolin and lightly salt the “zoodles”. This will draw some of the moisture out of them and prevent the dish from getting soupy after cooking.
2. Shred or cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3. Sauté mushrooms in butter just until they start to shrink. Set aside.
4. Mix the pesto sauce with the alfredo sauce
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Layer ingredients in an 11X17 baking dish. Start with thin layer of pesto then zoodles.
Zoodles (or traditional lasagna pasta noodles if you prefer)
ricotta (1/8 – 1/4 inch thick),
bite size chicken pieces,
drizzle with pesto mixed with the Alfredo),
7. Repeat layering 3-4 times depending on how thick the baking pan is.
8. Make the last layer on top the pesto sauce with grated Parmesan cheese and then sprinkle with either pine nuts or slivered almonds.
9. Cook in 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
Yummy yummy and healthy too!
*You can substitute no-boil lasgana pasta noodles instead of zoodles if you aren’t counting carbs or prefer a more traditional lasagna dish. If so, cook for 50-60 minutes instead.