Super Simple and Super yummy! This recipe mimics the traditional Thai curry but without so many hard to find ingredients. It’s so easy that it is perfect for a weekday meal.
10 oz. of Organic Jasmine Rice (found in a 3-pack in the freezer section of many grocery stores like Trader Joe’s)
13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1 Tbsp. curry powder
2 Tbsp. fish sauce
2 oz. butter or ghee
1 lb. skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus four sprigs
1-2 mini red peppers, sliced (optional for garnish)
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add coconut milk and curry powder. Stir until combined, then add the fish sauce and butter. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the chicken and bay leaves. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After the chicken has simmered for 10 minutes, remove the lid and simmer for an additional 15 minutes until the liquid had reduced by 50% and the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).
- Stir in the fresh cilantro and remove pan from heat.
- Pop the bag of rice in the microwave for 3 minutes or as directed on the package.
- To assemble, add 3/4 cup of the cauliflower rice and 1/2 cup of the curry mixture to individual bowls and place a fresh cilantro sprig on top.