Basil, Artichoke and Sundried Tomato Frittata
6-8 eggs (I use 6 jumbo)
4 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
1 cup artichoke hearts (optional)
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute chopped sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil over high heat for 3 minutes.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine tomato and garlic mixture, eggs, and chopped basil. Whisk thoroughly. Mix in chopped artichoke hearts if you want.
3. Pour mixture into a greased pie plate or 8X8 pyrex dish.
4. Bake until frittata is solid (test center with a fork in if you’re not sure) for approximately 25 minutes.
This makes six servings. This is an easy and tasty meal and easy on a student’s budget. Enjoy for breakfast or dinner.
It also freezes well so you can wrap up any leftovers into individual servings and pop in the freezer. Just take one out, and heat up in the microwave oven.