Wild Mushroom and Thyme Frittata
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus a little for the dish)
- 8 oz. Morel or Baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ cup Havarti cheese shredded
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (Use only half as much if using dried thyme instead of fresh)
- 7-8 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large frying pan over high heat, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and add mushrooms. Cook stirring often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Butter a 10 inch quiche pan and sprinkle cheese in the bottom.
In a small bowl, mix cream, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
Pour just half of the cream mixture over the cheese.
Top with mushrooms and eggs. Pour remaining cream mixture over the top.
Bake until eggs are set, about 35 minutes.