This moist and delicious chicken is marinated in yummy Italian flavors and is perfect for both grilling on the BBQ or pan roasting on the stove.
ITALIAN MARINATED CHICKEN
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
- 1.5 lb. (around 6 pieces) chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. grapefruit balsamic vinegar (I like 41 Olive)*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
2½ tsp mixed Italian dried herbs (either a packet mix or mix herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary and thyme)
1 tsp dried red chili flakes (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken, in a small jar and shake well to combine.
- Put the chicken in a ziplock bag and add the Dressing Marinade. Massage / mix to coat the chicken. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Ideally it should marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill/BBQ Method: You shouldn’t need any oil, but if you are concerned, brush your grill with oil. Heat the grill on medium high and cook the chicken for around 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stove Method: Preheat ½ tbsp oil in a large non stick fry pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook each side for around 4 to 5 minutes, or until dark golden brown and cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill/fry pan onto a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite tossed salad and toasted bread.
* You can substitute with chardonnay or apple cider vinegar, or even lemon juice if you prefer.
Note: This can be made with breast fillets too, but just be careful with the cooking time as you don’t want to overcook it.