ITALIAN MARINATED CHICKEN
- 1.5 lb. (around 6 pieces) chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. grapefruit balsamic vinegar (I like 41 Olive)*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
2½ tsp mixed Italian dried herbs (either a packet mix or mix herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary and thyme)
1 tsp dried red chili flakes (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken, in a small jar and shake well to combine.
- Put the chicken in a ziplock bag and add the Dressing Marinade. Massage / mix to coat the chicken. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Ideally it should marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill/BBQ Method: You shouldn’t need any oil, but if you are concerned, brush your grill with oil. Heat the grill on medium high and cook the chicken for around 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stove Method: Preheat ½ tbsp oil in a large non stick fry pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook each side for around 4 to 5 minutes, or until dark golden brown and cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill/fry pan onto a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite tossed salad and toasted bread.
Note: This can be made with breast fillets too, but just be careful with the cooking time as you don’t want to overcook it.