I love Indian food. The spices in this dish are a fragrant combination of cumin, cardamom, cayenne pepper and mustard seeds. This recipe is courtesy of Blue Apron.
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- ½ Cup Harvest Gold Lentils
- ⅓ Cup Dried Apricots
- 2 Ounces Spinach
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee* (or clarified butter)
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate
- 1 1-Inch Piece Ginger
- ¼ Cup Lentil Flour (or regular flour works too)
- 1 Tablespoon Apricot Chutney Spice Blend**
1. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Pick the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Peel and mince the ginger. Small dice the apricots.
In a large pot, heat half the ghee on medium-high until melted. Add half the ginger and half the spice blend. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add thelentils and 1½ cups of water; season with salt and pepper. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until the lentils are tender and slightly broken down.