This 30-Minute One-Pan Salsa Verde Chicken is perfect for a busy weeknight. It’s healthy, tasty, and super easy.
This Salsa Verde Chicken needs only a few basic ingredients and a casserole dish.
I always keep a jar of my favorite salsa verde from Sprouts in my pantry. Trader Joe’s has a yummy version too, but I prefer the Sprouts version as it has a little more kick (from Jalapenos).
You can use either bone-in chicken thighs (my favorite) or boneless skinless chicken thighs works too.
Perfect over rice, tortillas, or chips.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (bone in or skinless & boneless)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin’
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 jar (16oz) salsa verde
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T. olive oil
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash and chop the garlic, onion and red pepper.
- Wash and towel dry the chicken and then season with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Lightly brush the top of each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with the minced garlic. Set aside.
- Pour the jar of salsa verde in a casserole dish.
- Place the chicken pieces in the casserole dish next and add the onion and peppers to the dish and position around the chicken pieces.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Do not overcook.
- Serve over rice (or with tortillas) and garnish with cilantro and lime.