Vince’s Tuscan Chicken
5-6 small chicken breasts or chicken thighs (boneless)
3-5 shallots, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2-3 T. oregano
1 tsp salt and
½ tsp pepper
½ cup vermouth
1. Brown chicken in olive oil for 15-20 minutes on medium heat (1/2 hour if frozen).
Remove from oil and set aside.
2. Add chopped shallots to the frying pan and cook until tender (3-5 minutes).
3. Add chopped tomatoes, oregano, vermouth and salt and pepper.
4. Replace chicken in mixture and cook for about 20 minutes more or until chicken done (no longer pink inside).
5. Serve over bed of white rice, brown rice or fettuccine.
PSST! Even though my recipe calls for boneless chicken, you can easily make it with the bone in version. You just need to adjust the cooking time a little longer. You want to test to make sure the juices run clear and that the meat is no longer pink.